27 June 2013

Fitbit Flex - REVIEW

The elusive Fitbit Flex! After a couple of months of searching and searching, I finally found one. It's been about a week and I'm ready to give you a full review.

I purchased my Fitbit Flex for $99.99 at my local Target. The setup process was simple enough. After charging the tracker for about 30 minutes, I was at full battery and ready to begin using the Fitbit Flex.

WEAR
The Fitbit Flex is super comfortable. When I first started wearing it, I found myself checking my wrist to ensure I still had it on. The Fitbit Flex comes with two wristband sizes. The wristbands are made of a rubber material that the tracker slips neatly into. 

Securing the Fitbit Flex was easy. With the adjustable wrist straps, I was able to fasten the band onto my arm with ease. Once on your wrist, the Fitbit Flex is secure; you can go on a run, or toss and turn in your sleep and your tracker will be safe on your wrist.
FUNCTION
The Fitbit Flex tracks your activity from steps taken to your sleeping patterns. The band itself does little, but light up. With 5 LED lights, you can see how close you are to meeting that day's step goal. Each light represents 20% of your daily goal and the tracker will vibrate to celebrate achieving your goal. 

The true function of the Fitbit Flex comes from the data it collects, viewable through your iPhone (and select Android devices) and your computer at fitbit.com. The Flex will wirelessly sync with both devices, allowing you to view your stats in real time. 

SLEEP TRACKER
This feature will be mildly interesting to anyone who wants to know the "quality" of his/her sleep. A quick tapping on the tracker will launch the Fitbit Flex into sleep mode, indicated by flashing of the LED lights and two solid lights remaining. Do the same tap in the morning to exit and hop online (or your phone) to view the results. 

You'll be able to track how many times you were "restless", how many times you were awake and your sleep efficiency percentage. If you forget to set the device into sleep mode, don't worry. You can manually enter the times you were asleep, and the tracker will take care of the rest.

SILENT ALARM
The alarm is just your wristband vibrating. It's kind of jarring for me since my arms are usually somewhere by my face when I sleep. You can set the alarm on your phone or on the computer which is easy and convenient. 

BATTERY LIFE
The Fitbit Flex has a very long battery life. I've been wearing the band for five days off of one charge, and my phone tells me that I've still got half of a charge left. I don't check my status very often though and I've only used the silent alarm four times, so I'm sure that affects it. 


CONCLUSION
I'm very pleased with the Fitbit Flex. I'd definitely purchase this again.




PROS:
Silent Alarm
Instant wireless syncing with iPhone
Lightweight wristband
Works with MyFitnessPal app
Long battery life

CONS:
Can't track flights of stairs
Doesn't monitor heart rate

No comments:

Post a Comment